Lines to ponder upon...





" What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though " quoting J.D. Salinger, the Catcher in the Rye.

Each time I read a book, there are some lines that just leave an impression on me. I have a habit of writing them on a card and putting up on my soft board. Some of them are inspiring thoughts, some just make me happy while some make me ponder over things...

I am sharing a few from my collection. They have been chosen from many different books. I hope you enjoy reading them! :)
  • Happiness is an attitude. To be a winner in life is also an attitude.
  • Ask, and i will be given to you ; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you...
  • Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
  • Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.
  • My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. 
  • The choices you make have consequences, so make your choices carefully.
  • Positive thoughts are a man's greatest assests.
  • A pessimist sees difficulty in an opportunity and an optimist sees opportunity in a difficulty.
  • Insecurity invites you to be alert and not worried. It tells you to be creative and not complain.
  • Making the right choice has never been easy.
  • Nature is at work. Character and destiny are her handiwork. She gives us love and hate, jealousy and reverence. All that is ours is the power to choose which impulse we shall follow.
  • People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered. Love them anyway.
  • I become what I see in myself. All that thought suggests to me, I can do, all that thought reveals in me, I can become. This should be man's unshakable faith in himself, because god dwells in him.
  • Every action of God has a purpose and meaning behind it which we as human doings dont understand at times.

Comments

Popular Posts