A hidden treasure in the city of Pune, is the Japanese Garden.
#Also known by the names:
1) Pu La Deshpande Garden, and
2) Okayama Friendship Garden.
It is one of the most beautiful spots around the Pune city. During rainy season, the sight is splendid!
#Novelty Factor : The garden is beautifully constructed with little waterfalls, bridges, garden and clean paths to walk around the garden. The basic theme on which the garden has been constructed is mind-boggling.
#Based On :
The garden is based on the famous 'Korakuen Garden' in the city of Okayama in Japan.
Spread over sprawling 10 acres of land, the garden represents the style, structure and culture of an authentic Japanese Garden. It is very well-maintained by the authorities.
#Salient Feature :
- Walking through the garden takes you on a picturesque stroll, which is a sheer treat for the eyes!
- Small artificial lake in the middle of the garden with a small island on it, where a little building in the Japanese style has been constructed.
- Tiny yet beautiful waterfall at one end of the garden.
- A small artificial river passes all through the garden with little bridge constructed over them.
- Well manicured lawns
- Shallow pools filled with small, round pebbles.
- Bamboo bridges, and bamboo seats
- Walking over the grass is not allowed, but there is a path constructed in the garden, hence, allowing you to stroll all around easily and enjoy the changing landscape.
It takes you away from the hustle-bustle, noise and the pollution of the city and is a beautiful place to go on a holiday, especially during the spring and rainy season.
Morning : 6 to 10:30 am
Evening : 4 to 8pm
#Entry Fee : 5 rupees.
#Final Verdict :
You can enjoy the serenity of nature, with peace at the Japanese Garden. A must visit if you are in Pune! :)