Don’t limit yourself by an “OR” be the “AND” and inspire the world

I recently came across the lovely ad campaign held by Gillete Venus, “The story of AND”.

Watch the video of the campaign here:


The campaign made me think about a lot of things. This is a post written for the contest with Blogadda, where Blogadda asked the bloggers to share the things that are important to us and the multitude of things that make us who we are.

Have you ever wondered about the different roles a woman plays in her life? Ranging from a mother, a lover, a daughter, a sister, a business woman to being your best friend, she is an important part of your life, without you even realizing it. Only a woman can juggle through so many roles all through her life and all with certain perfection.

Many-a-times women are often forced to choose one role over the other and compromise. Why should we be limited by one single label in a single dimension? Why should we be boxed in and be made to choose a single role for ourselves? Why is it difficult to believe that we can have both beauty and brains and still not have a negative attitude?

I for one would not let the world restrict me to a single role, a single dimension. There are multiple facets to my personality and I am proud of each one of them. I am a caring daughter, a loving sister, a compassionate friend, a passionate lover, a foodie, an enthusiastic blogger, a student, an aspiring marketing professional, a mentor, fashionista, a proficient dancer, an avid reader and above all a proud woman. I do not limit myself with one label, for I can be all of them at once and manage to give my best to people in my life.


I am talented, smart, intelligent, studious, adventurous, Indianly shy and modernly modern in my thoughts and there’s much more to me and my personality than I can express in words…I am what I am today because I have learnt from my past experiences, I have been hurt and I have been loved, I have been lucky to have amazing parents, a loving family and helpful friends and I have been unlucky at times where people have judged me to the core….I have been treated badly by some and I also have seen a time when people all around me craved to spend a few moments with me. I have seen the good and the bad, and I will continue to do so, for I am these are the things I learn from in my life, and these are the things that make me the person I am. Why do I have to be one of them, when I can be all of them?

If you know anyone whose story you want to share, who means much more to you than just that one single label of relationship or one single dimension of personality, share the story with us and let the world know that the only thing that limits us is us!

NOTE : This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus

Comments

Popular Posts